Thursday, March 10, 2016

Goldfinch Nest

Goldfinch nest painting by artist aaron kloss, painting of birds, goldfinch painting, pointillism, duluth painter, duluth artist, minnesota landscapes, minnesota birds
"Goldfinch Nest"
Continuing my spring nest series today I'm featuring a piece titled Goldfinch Nest which is 8"w x 8"h, acrylic on canvas, recently delivered to Your Art's Desire Gallery in Minnetonka, MN. These delightful little birds have brown plumage during the winter but their feathers make a transition to a vibrant gold as the colors of the spring and summer season fill the landscape. The females remain a bit muted in color, as with most songbirds, to help conceal them from predators as they guard the nests. It was fun last year to watch some goldfinches nesting by my house, hopefully this year I'll see some more, so far it's mainly chickadees and crows.

Prints of this painting are available on my online store: 
http://www.aaronkloss.com/store/c5/Spring_Bird_Prints.html

Many other painting options are always being added to my website: http://www.aaronkloss.com

Feel free to contact me for more information ... and I'm also available for commissions if you'd like a special size or subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment