Friday, April 6, 2012

Tremendous Trees


While I haven't been very active on my painting blog as of late, I've been extremely busy preparing for my upcoming show at the Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth's Canal Park. Thirty new paintings will be finished by the end of next week and I'm excited and a little anxious at the same time for the show. My work lately has taken on some very intense vibrant color, coming from a place inside me that longs for warm summer days to replace the gray Spring weather. The work created for this show has a lot of spark, a lot of life, and, of course, a lot of trees. :) Birches, maples, crabapples, evergreens, colorful underbrush and deep blue skies filled with sparkling sun drops and long shadows will fill my exhibition space at the Blue Lake Gallery. Some spunky cardinals will occupy a 6' x 3' birch triptych which is the largest painting I've ever created. A wide range of canvas sizes will be available to meet anyone's size and price range. Please stop by gallery to view the show ... and return often as I'll be posting the paintings on this blog and my website in the coming days and weeks.

Summer is coming soon ... smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment