Thursday, April 19, 2012

Childhood Memories

Acrylic on 20"w x 16"h canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
$250.00 Please contact Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth to purchase.

This painting for my upcoming Tremendous Trees show at Blue Lake Gallery has a lot of memories attached to it. When I was growing up, there was a huge sugar maple tree in the front yard that had the brightest yellow leaves in the Autumn that I have ever seen. I remember coming home from school and playing around that tree, laying on the ground and looking up into the branches and bright yellow leaves while the blue sky sparkled through the leaves. Pictures have a way of drawing memories out of people, and that happens to me quite often where I have a vivid memory come to me while viewing artwork or photography. Sometimes when life gets difficult I want to go back to this place of innocence and safety where things were carefree and childhood memories were filled with bright yellow leaves, blue skies and warm sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment