Sunday, April 15, 2012

Skyward

Acrylic on 20"w x 16"h canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
$250.00 Please contact Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth to purchase.

Yet another in my crab apple series for my upcoming Tremendous Trees show at Blue Lake Gallery. The sun is the central feature of the composition, and yet the sun is the farthest object. The sun has appeared in many of the paintings in this show, and I'm still working out why. With art, many times deeper inner meaning is found at a much later date, and I have a feeling the reason for the brightness will be illuminated in the future. My first guess is it has to do with lighting dark areas of my life, but I'm not so sure. In my mind I've seen images of the sun consuming the entire composition with golden brilliance. Perhaps such images will appear on canvas, but for now they are etched into my mind and heart. And for now, it's back to prepping, wiring, and signing canvases. The show is coming soon! So are the crab apple buds that will yield to trees loaded with bright red apples ... a feast for the eyes, the birds, and the artists who love the taste of crab apple jelly on toast ... like me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment