Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tiny Crab Apple Triptych


$60.00 Acrylic on 3-3"w x 3"h canvases
Click on image above to enlarge.
Please contact Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth to purchase.

Yet another in my crab apple series for my upcoming Tremendous Trees show at Blue Lake Gallery. These canvases are fun to display on a shelf, or hang on the wall. I prefer hanging them on a wall as they no doubt grab people's attention due to their small size, yet thick profile canvases. I had fun working with the backgrounds in this crab apple series. From deep cobalt blue to bright ultramarine blue, the skies behind the apples have rich depth of texture and color. I keep finding myself drawn to the background ... the bright red berries have been a great subject matter and it looks like I have one more crab apple work to share before I continue with other pieces from my Tremendous Trees show.

No comments:

Post a Comment