Monday, April 23, 2012

Watching & Waiting

 Acrylic on 6"w x 12"h canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
SOLD

This painting for my Tremendous Trees show at Blue Lake Gallery is one last study that I painted before completing my large triptych titled 'Cardinals in Coversation'. With this piece I had the thought that I wanted to see how a bird would 'feel' if it were in the landscape by itself. Due to the size of the triptych I was going to paint, I knew that the birds would be spaced apart and that some would feel more isolated as opposed to two or three birds looking at each other. I also wanted the cardinals to have a human element to their positions in the landscape. When people get together, there are always little groups or circles and some individuals. That's just the way it is in life, some people thrive in group settings while others, like myself, thrive in solitude. Don't get me wrong, I love people, but I also love peace and quiet. That's not always easily accomplished with three grade school age kiddos at home lol! This cardinal was a favorite of mine, and it was to the person who purchased it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment