Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cranberry Birchland Triptych

Acrylic on three 11"w x 14"h canvases
Click on image above to enlarge.
$350.00 Please contact Sivertson Gallery, Grand Marais to purchase.

When you just let go and paint expressively instead of micro-managing every brushstroke, good things can happen. As is the case with this piece, I found myself just wanting to view this piece for long periods of time when it was finished ... wondering how to recreate the effect and visual impact this piece possesses. From the deep cranberry reds in the foreground to the deeper cobalt blues in the distant background, this piece just has an honesty to it, a rugged presence that I wish could spill out into the rest of my work. Perhaps it will, perhaps this piece marks another milestone in my painting career, defining my style and shaping the body of my work down the road. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment