Thursday, April 12, 2012

Crab Apple Cocktail

Acrylic on 8"w x 10"h canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
$65.00 Please contact Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth to purchase.

Another in my crab apple series for my upcoming Tremendous Trees show at Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth. I'm just lovin' how the red and blue compliment each other. I could be wrong, but maybe that's why they are called complimentary colors. I may be going out on a limb by saying that. Anyway, this piece leads your eye from the top left corner down the branch to the right corner, then the apples lead you around and back up to the top left again. A simple little path through the piece that gives it movement and balance. I have a few more crab apple paintings to upload before I switch back to landscapes ... can't wait to share those! Many feature the sun and moon and bright sunrises and sunsets. Life is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment