Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Crab Apple Double Take Diptych

$300.00 Acrylic on 2-16"w x 12"h canvases
Click on image above to enlarge.
Please contact Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth to purchase.

The last painting in my crab apple series for my upcoming Tremendous Trees show at Blue Lake Gallery. This diptych has a nice motion to it, almost a wave like quality. According to my Minnesota math, there are 48 berries on the branches. Not sure the significance of the number, but I thought I'd count the berries anyway. :) This painting is unique in it's scale, I don't remember working on such a horizontal scale before, so I find myself viewing this piece differently, almost spending more time taking it in vs. my usual vertical scale. Working in this exaggerated landscape proportion has me thinking about other landscapes to paint, perhaps lake scenes and prairies ... oh, the many ideas I have ... Yesterday I dropped off all my pieces for the show to Blue Lake Gallery, and today I'm already prepping canvases for my next show. That will be six weeks from now, but I will continue to post individual works from my Tremendous Trees show here on my blog during the next several weeks, please stop back often! -A

No comments:

Post a Comment