Friday, April 27, 2012

Maple Glow

Acrylic on 8"w x 10"h canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
$65.00 Please contact Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth to purchase.

Another painting for my Tremendous Trees show at Blue Lake Gallery in a theme running through many of my works for the show. The theme features golden sunset skies and shadows in the foreground. Each work has a different degree of contrast, mostly due to the shade of the blue sky in the background. This work has a nice deep blue which to me represents the last light of the day, right before the sunset fades to twilight. The maple leaves are a rich golden yellow and they sparkle and reflect the leaves on the ground as well. I may live in an urban area but my heart is in the maple forest where all is quiet and peaceful and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment