Monday, April 30, 2012

Vertical Gold


Acrylic on 8"w x 10"h canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
$65.00 Please contact Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth to purchase.

This 8x10" painting for my Tremendous Trees show at Blue Lake Gallery was created at the same time as the paintings in my last previous couple of posts and as the show has been hung and viewed the last week, I've enjoyed reflecting on my work for this show. So much time and creative energy goes into the work that I find myself enjoying the work and noticing things for the first time. Such is the case with this piece titled Vertical Gold. The depth of blues in the background gives me the feeling that I can see off into the distance. The bright gold sunset captures my imagination and the birches in the foreground are the icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment