Friday, November 8, 2013

Twilight Forest Maples

"Twilight Forest Maples" 18"w x 18"h
This piece titled Twilight Forest Maples is from a recurring theme of mine that I've titled 'Twilight Maples'. One of the first landscape ideas I had was one that had a stand of maple trees with the twilight sky in the distance backlighting the maples so that they cast long golden shadows across the foreground. This theme is one I return to now and again, when I'm lacking inspiration, this theme is like a warm fire on a cold rainy day. Perhaps one day I'll feel as though I've reached the end of this series, but it hasn't happened yet, and I'm planning on painting a large scale on this theme in the coming weeks. TGIF!

This painting featured today is part of my Fall Forests show which may viewed now through mid December, 2013 at First Lutheran Church in Duluth, MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment