Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Captive Audience


Captive Audience, Acrylic on Canvas, 18"w x 6"h, $100

Part of my Intimate Landscapes show which can be viewed July 25-Aug 20, 2012 at The Vanilla Bean in Two Harbors, MN. 

This painting is on a 3 to 1 horizontal scale which is a new size for me. I thought I would have some struggles with this scale, but this painting seemed almost too easy. Perhaps I was just having a good day painting, sometimes that happens, where you're in a natural rhythm and don't want to stop. This painting is one of the last to be painted for the show, and I imagine having a great time working in this scale down the road. The title, Captive Audience, refers to the two cardinals which apparently are very interested in what the cardinal on the right has to say. For me, I'm just enjoying the crisp white birch trees on the rich deep green background and the complimentary colored cardinals. Perhaps I'm one of the captive audience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment