Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Autumn Ambience

Another piece available at Tree to Tree in Two Harbors is this diptych painted on two 10"x30" canvases. This work was completed around the same time as yesterday's Summer Solstice painting. Like yesterday's; this painting features deep colors with many of the same richness. With today's painting titled Autumn Ambience, I took the color depth a step further and applied color as it was from the light filtering through the birch leaves above. I especially like how the light effects turned out on the rocks. The ground has a nice sparkle, and I'm glad I kept the browns just a little toned down to feature the light effects in the birch leaves and the rocks. The distant pine ridges and blue sky feature a wide range of color value, yet again, I didn't want them to compete, but compliment.
... Perhaps this was one of those paintings I had in my heart and I wanted to stay out of the way and just let it happen ... I'm glad I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment