Friday, July 27, 2012

Calm Cardinal

At right: Calm Cardinal, Acrylic on Canvas, 4"w x 4"h, $25

Part of my Intimate Landscapes show which can be viewed July 25-Aug 20, 2012 at The Vanilla Bean in Two Harbors, MN. 

Just a calm little cardinal. Perhaps today's post represents me at the moment. Last week I dropped off ten new works at Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth, then hung my show at The Vanilla Bean which features thirty works on canvas. Now I'm calm, finishing off a series of cardinals to compliment the work already hanging at Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais. Art is an interesting combination of hurry up and wait ... but that makes it interesting, challenging and rewarding. I'm sure it won't be long until I'm in the midst of a flurry of activity, but for now, I'm calm, resting, reflecting on the work I've finished recently and thinking ahead to future paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment