Sunday, July 15, 2012

Autumn Evening Triptych

Acrylic on 3-6"wx12"h canvases totaling 18"wx12"h, SOLD
Available at Sivertson Gallery, Grand Marais, MN

While I paint year-round, I frequently return to the Autumn season. I can see why, I love complimentary colors found in nature, and there is just something about a crisp Autumn day ... walking through a birch or maple forest with the leaves crunching beneath your feet as you walk under a brilliant golden canopy of leaves with blue skies and cool temperatures. Perhaps the July heat we've had recently has had me thinking about cooler weather, or it's just that I love to paint Autumn season themed landscapes. Today's landscape features birches and stones along Lake Superior in northern Minnesota. The sky and water are cool blue, the birches displaying their golden leaves, the ambient light sparkling and dancing off the leaves carpeting the foreground. I had a wonderful trip to Grand Marais recently, I'll have to upload a few photos I took while hiking out to Artist's Point soon. Please return daily for new work ... and keep cool! -A

No comments:

Post a Comment