Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring Forest Shadows

"Spring Forest Shadows" 16"w x 20"h
It's soooooooooo nice to be painting with green again! I've been on a green binge here as of late ... completing 20 new works on canvas which will be uploaded here over the next couple weeks. Today's piece features shadows formed from the multiple layers of green on the burnt sienna foreground. Also the birches and maples together is a rare theme for me ... perhaps I should explore this theme more often ... perhaps I should go hiking and explore some more landscapes ... perhaps ... I should just get back to the easel.

It's difficult to explain, but I go through creative phases, almost like mountains and valleys ... and I'm on the mountain now, painting like there's no tomorrow. When the creativity hits, you just have to run with it.  :)

Please stop back soon ... and if you'd like more info. on today's piece, please contact Siiviis Gallery in Duluth, MN

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment