Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spring Rocks

"Spring Rocks" 6"w x 6"h
Today's painting titled Spring Rocks may be a play on words, but it's also a simple, honest view of what I view on a daily basis here in Duluth, MN. My studio is located at the base of a steep hill that's covered with huge outcroppings of bluestone and thick birch and maple forests. I went for a hike through the neighborhood this morning and enjoyed the woods and wildlife as I went. My cocker spaniel did a good job of pulling me up the hill as usual ... and I did a good job of pulling the pooped out pooch back down the hill. The view at the top is amazing ... endless miles of lake Superior. I paused to watch a 1,000 freighter pulling into the harbor through the aerial lift bridge and also enjoyed the sun sparkling off the great lake. It's an amazing place to call home. I'll have to post some pics of this place in the future .. in fact, it would be fun to start a blog about this area to chronicle the photos I like to take. We'll see. It's going to be a beautiful sunny day, it will be hard to stay in the studio. Spring rocks. :)

For more information about today's piece, please contact Siiviis Gallery here in Duluth, MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment