Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Birchscape selections at Tree to Tree

"May Birch Forest", 18"w x 6"h
"Tiny Blues", 4"w x 4"h
I've been busy finishing off some new works lately that will soon be sent up to Grand Marais but I wanted to make sure I posted some new works that I painted a couple weeks ago for a neat little hammock shop in Two Harbors, MN called Tree to Tree. They have the most interesting hammocks in their store, and I also have a huge problem with their hammocks. The problem is, their hammocks are so comfy they are impossible to get my kids out of whenever I stop in the store! They've set up some nice displays both outside and inside with their hammocks available to test drive. The fabric color selection they use is also quite creative.

"Tiny Golds", 4"w x 4"h
Next time you're heading up the shore be sure to stop by .. they are right on the highway, next to The Vanilla Bean. This is the second year they've displayed some of my paintings for sale as well. These paintings today are an example of repetition. Repetition of color, subject, form ... one of the elements of design that is important to continuity especially from a visual artist. If you want to make your artistic voice known, you need to be consistent.


"Tiny Greens", 4"w x 4"h
Please stop back soon, I'll be consistently posting new work.

That is, if I can stay out of the hammock ... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment