Thursday, May 16, 2013

Red Maple Sunset

"Red Maple Sunset" 12"w x 12"h
I don't know if other artists do this ... but I enjoy changing my palette on almost a daily basis. Paintings will be cool and loaded with cobalt blues, greys and ultramarine blues ... then it's on to deep evergreens ... then high contrast cardinals only to return to the colors that began it all, the colors of autumn. Hiking through the woods in the autumn season is something I long to do all year round. It brings back warm childhood memories and the colorful leaves and crisp cool air make the experience one to remember. Times like that influence my work year round, such as this piece featuring warm golds and crimsons along with burnt sienna. Red Maple Sunset ... a piece that warms my soul and brings a smile to my face. :)

Please contact Z Place Gallery in Ironwood, MI for more information on today's piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment