Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Spring Sprang Sprung

"Spring Sprang Sprung" 18"w x 12"h
"Spring Cardinal No. 2" 4"w x 4"
I thought some bright spring cardinals would be in order for today. I'm getting over a nasty flu virus and it's good to get back on my feet again. It's been quite a winter, sometimes you want to put on a smile and tell everyone life is great, but honestly it's been a bit of a battle as of late. Perhaps that's the mountains and valleys of life. I remember hiking through Wyoming's Bliss Creek Valley as a Boy Scout. The mountains were incredible, hiking up and down switchback trails that weren't fit for a horse. We'd get to the base of the mountains where the creeks and rivers ran and it was cool and shady. The water was refreshing and I wanted to stay there, yet I knew we would soon depart yet again to climb another mountain. If you can find a way to embrace those mountains, the valleys are just icing on a cake ... that'll put a smile on your face. :)

Please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN for more information on today's pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment