Sunday, May 12, 2013

Spring Shadows Triptych

"Spring Shadows Triptych" 12"w x 12"h
Here in northern Minnesota the trees are just beginning to bud and the grass has finally started popping out of the ground. The anticipation of the season has people doing all kinds of activities outside, walking through the garden centers, thinking about what they'd like to plant in their flower beds and gardens. I've been thinking along these lines as well ... glancing into the endless birch forests around my home in Duluth as I drive and go for walks. Dreaming about what I may paint next ... so many ideas, so little time. :) One thing I do know ... greens, golds, cobalts, burnt siennas and the occasional crimson will be making their way onto the canvas. I've just completed a large series of spring themed works and sent them off to the galleries. Now the studio is empty, waiting for the next canvases to come to life. I'm thinking I'll begin another major work .. perhaps 30"x40" or so .. we'll see. Happy Sunday! -Aaron

Please contact Siiviis Gallery in Duluth, MN for more information on today's painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment