Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Summer Birch Photo References


While I'm busy finishing off paintings for my upcoming show at Beaner's in Duluth, I thought I'd share a few reference photos over the next couple of days. Why do I paint the subjects I do? This is what I'm viewing ... this is Northern Minnesota ... this is where I live. The landscapes inspire me, the birches with their crisp white bark and graphic black textures grab my eye. The light sparkles and dances off the leaves and the trees before casting long shadows on the forest floor. Summer is nearly over, but it's color and warmth will carry me through the long dark winter months until the deep blues, grays, and whites of winter melt away to the singing of songbirds and colorful flowers of spring. Are you inspired? -A

No comments:

Post a Comment