Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Endless Summer Triptych & Green Shadows

Endless Summer Triptych, Acrylic on 3-4"wx12"h canvases
Green Shadows, 4"wx4"h
These two pieces currently available at Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN are some of the last paintings I've completed that feature green. While the excitement of colorful leaves, pumpkins and frost have me eagerly anticipating the arrival of the Autumn season, there is the nostalgia of summer. When summer begins I always wish it could be warm and sunny and green year round, but by mid-August I've usually had my fill of summer and I'm ready for a change. Perhaps that's why I titled the Triptych Endless Summer, as this summer's record heat and rainfall have made me wonder if it will ever end .. but it will soon, and summer's green shadows will give way to winter blues, greys and whites ... but first there's Autumn ... my favorite season. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment