Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring Ahead

"Spring Ahead"  30"w x 15"h
Today's painting, titled Spring Ahead, 30"w x 15"h, may have been influenced by a certain time change that leaves groggy people wishing they had an hour of sleep back, but to me the time change signifies a new season. I often paint seasonally, modifying my color palette to reflect the color of the landscape while I'm working. But this spring has influenced me in a profound way to paint with green in such a way as I never have before. I've enjoyed exploring this color in all it's hues and saturations. This piece features many greens and golds. The birch forest offers you a colorful glimpse into the spring color that is marching across the land and casting bright green shadows on the forest floor. And the sky mimics the blues I'm currently viewing out the studio window as I type this post. Spring. The season of green, the season of new life, the season of songbirds, leaves and leaves. I don't know about you but I'd trade an hour of sleep for warmth, color and life any day of the week. Please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN for more information on this piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment