Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Small springscapes

Spring Lake Greens

Spring Lake Sky
Spring Lake Reflections
Featured today are three pieces from my last shipment to Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais. These works all featured reflective water, blues and greens, and birch trees for the most part. I had fun with an expressive brush stroke in these works, and intentionally ratcheted up the color and these works really popped off the canvas when finished. I'm caught up posting new works to my blog, and I'm anxiously waiting to post my new work created in April. As a working artist, I find that there are flurries of activity with canvases in progress piling up in the studio, then the paintings are finished and off to the gallery and the studio and easel are empty. The feeling is similar to having a large gathering at your house and all the noise and activity associated with that, then the calmness experienced when everyone leaves and you're left to pick up the pieces left behind. I'm waxing a bit poetic this morning for some reason. Well, I'm off to the easel to work on a large group of new paintings ... please stop back soon as I'll be posting new work soon. All my best, Aaron
Please contact Sivertson Gallery for more information on these, and similar works.


No comments:

Post a Comment