Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lake of the Woods

"Lake of the Woods" 60"w x 48"h
Featured today is a major work titled Lake of the Woods, 60"w x 48"h. This scale is quite awesome, there's so much to enjoy while working on the painting that there's always an emptiness when the painting is gone from the studio. Also, working in this scale I'm moving the canvas up and down quite a bit. Even at my 6 ft. height, I reach up quite a bit, and paint on my knees too to reach the edges. It's all for a good cause, though, as this piece captures the mood and season I'm longing for ... the warm sunny days of spring where you don't need a jacket and the leaves are popping open. With this piece I also used a deep ultramarine blue for the lake and I'm glad I did as it anchors the composition and gives the contrast for the reflections and sky to really sparkle. Please contact Lizzards Gallery in Duluth, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment