Thursday, April 2, 2015

Gold Spring Sky

"Gold Spring Sky"  12"w x 9"h, Siiviis Gallery, Duluth MN
Ahhh the sun. There's something about this time of year where I long for the warm sunny days of later spring and summer but I know I'll have to patiently wait. Today we may hit 60 degrees, and after that we return to winter weather for a week before getting back to warmer temps. When you paint landscapes for a living, this type of weather can really wreck havok with your work. I find the need to assign myself tasks and goals for paintings produced until the landscape offers up it's visual treats of the season. This painting, titled Gold Spring Sky, is part of group of new work at Siiviis Gallery in Duluth, MN. This piece offers up a warm golden sky and mixes in birches, rocks, and green spring ridges. Also, there's an event at the gallery tomorrow called First Fridays where the businesses in the Canal Park area of Duluth stay open later and encourage shopping in the local establishments. I'll be stopping by, can't wait to see the new work lighting up the gallery .. and hopefully it won't be too long before the landscape reflects the spring greens I've been painting lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment