Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lester Park Inspiration Photos





































Hiking in Lester Park was filled with rugged trails with moss covered stones and lush vistas of Autumn golds and greens. The sunlight was filtering through the dense forest as we made our way along Amity Creek. The creek is was made famous by Samuel Snively who built a series of bridges in the early 1900's. When the seven bridges were complete they obtained the name Seven Bridges Road and the rest is history. Hiking along this creek past it's many rock formations, Birch and evergreen forests, and waterfalls ... I could imagine Mr. Snively having the same awe as I had. We have technology and modern conveniences like no other generation in history and yet I find joy in the simple pleasure of the forests. Perhaps that's why I live here in Duluth ... perhaps that's why I paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment