Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Casting Shadows

Acrylic on 18"w x 36"h x 2"d Canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
Please contact Lizzard's Gallery for purchase information.

Romping through the woods has given me lots of inspiration as of late and this painting reflects this. I've encountered rock formations that were so interesting that I just had to photograph them and place them in my memory for future reference. It's always amazing how the trees can grow right out of the rocks, it reflects a lot of determination of the tree's behalf. Growing where no tree has grown before. Maybe we can learn something from them. For now, I'm content to paint them and enjoy them in all their fall color. Casting their shadows on the forest floor and enjoying the view they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment