Friday, October 23, 2015

October Moonrise & new paintings at Siiviis Gallery in Duluth's Canal Park

October Moonrise, acrylic painting on canvas by artist aaron kloss, siiviis gallery
"October Moonrise"  8"w x 8"h, Siiviis Gallery, Duluth
Today's painting is titled October Moonrise, and is one of six new acrylic on canvas paintings I just brought in to Siiviis Gallery in Duluth this afternoon. The wind was cold off lake Superior today, along with a light wind, but the color and warmth of the gallery brightened my spirits. The six new works feature birds and birch trees to coincide with the works from the show I'm having at the gallery, along with another local painter Adam Swanson. So far the show is going well, many pieces have found new homes, and I'm happy to keep the wall fresh with some vibrant colors. This piece has a rich blue sky and waters to complement the golds of the moon and reflection ... framed in by birch and stones. Sometimes I forget how awesome it is to live here as the hustle and bustle of life pulls and tugs on me. So painting landscapes settles me down and reminds me to slow down ... and not let the wind and rain dampen my spirits. Please stop by Siiviis Gallery to view my new work, you may also find a nice gallery of works for sale at the gallery on my website by clicking here. Have a great weekend! -A

No comments:

Post a Comment