Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Autumn Encore

Autumn Encore, acrylic landscape birch tree painting by artist aaron kloss
"Autumn Encore"  48"w x 24"h, acrylic on canvas
Today's painting, titled Autumn Encore, is a new 48"w x 24"h acrylic on canvas which is part of my show at St. Luke's Hospital in Duluth. This large painting anchors the show right in the center of the wall where the 25 paintings and prints are hung. This piece features birches and rocks, which is what I see everywhere I go along the north shore of lake Superior where I live ... but the subject of this painting is really the background which is filled with the blazing colors of fall. Layer upon layer of color rises, giving way to distant cool blue ridges before meeting the bright blue sky. I wish this view was what I looked at in the window year round, but alas the colors of the changing leaves are only around a couple weeks, so I just have to capture it on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment