Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sunrise Birches

"Sunrise Birches", 24"w x 30"h
Wow, it's been a while since I posted a painting! I've been working hard, just not doing a good job of posting work here. There's a reason for that ... I've been working out of a space that doesn't have internet, funny how integral my website and blog have been to me in terms of chronicling my work and helping me keep track of things. I've been working on a body of work for an art exhibition coming soon ... more on that next week.

For now, here's a painting I'm submitting for Artistic Duluth which is a fine art auction benefiting the Duluth Art Institute. This piece titled Sunrise Birches features a bright sunrise rising through a brightening cobalt blue sky. The birches are in their golden autumn glow and the sun reflects off the distant golden ridges. The foreground also sparkles with the golds and the birches cast long shadows across the burnt sienna landscape.

Back to the Duluth Art Institute ... my family takes advantage of the free art instructional days the DAI provides once a month. It's a joy to watch my kids express themselves in clay, sculpture, color and texture. So it's a good feeling to support the DAI with this piece which will be on auction at the event. More information here. I promise to put down the paintbrush and blog more often .. so much to do .. so little time! -A


No comments:

Post a Comment