Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall Forest

 
"Fall Forest" Acrylic on 16"w x 20"h canvas

I gave my show the name Fall Forests based on the general theme of the works themselves, and also from today's painting which is titled Fall Forest.  This piece features a river theme, something I've been working on quite a bit as of late. I just love Amity Creek which runs close by my house in Duluth. The creek is full of stones that you can jump across when the creek is low. So this element of the landscape finds it's way into my work, along with the stones scattered about. I've enjoyed working different shades of blue and gray into the stones, adding little bits of light to them so that they have depth. There are also the ever present birches in this piece, along with a distant crimson ridge. Perhaps what I enjoy most about this painting is the space between the trees, and the trees themselves have a nice range of sizes. There's just something about a fall forest.

This painting featured today is part of my Fall Forests show which may viewed now through mid December, 2013 at First Lutheran Church in Duluth, MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment