Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring Birch Forest

"Spring Birch Forest" 18"w x 18"h
Snowflakes are falling in Duluth, MN as I type this blog entry. I'll never forget this winter, that's for sure. I'll never forget it if never ends either! lol. Spring will be here soon ... I just know it! Maybe next week ... here's hoping.

This painting features three layers of green in the background, along with a gold ridge ... and of course the multiple shades of green in the leaves of the birches. These trees are something different for me .. they have black branches as opposed to the white branches I've always painted. I'm not sure if I like them better or not at the moment. Maybe they'll grow on me. :) Maybe the trees will start budding and growing leaves here too ... maybe soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment