Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Don't Stop Believin'

"Don't Stop Believin'", Acrylic on 48"w x 36"h canvas, April 2013
There has been a lull of sorts in my blog posts as of late. This is not by choice, but life happens and so I need to roll with the punches. I'm a very introspective type of person who doesn't like to share too much, but I thought I'd share a little today on the significance of this painting. I was diagnosed with MS about 10 years ago, and while I've managed to stay healthy, every once and a while it gets the best of me and knocks me off my horse for a while. Recently I had an attack, first one in seven years, and I didn't want to create or produce any artwork for several weeks. It's kinda strange, really .. someone who has always been an artist not wanting to make art .. but I pulled through and I'm still going. I picked up my brushes once again and painted what I would say is one of the most ambitious works I've ever created. Using a small brush and many layers I created a large scale vibrant painting which I titled Don't Stop Believin'. The title says it all ...

Please stop back soon, more works will be coming in the next couple weeks ... so exciting. :)

Please contact Lizzards Gallery for more information on this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment