Monday, April 1, 2013

Fireside Birches

"Fireside Birches" 30"w x 10"h
Here's a new work available at Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN titled Fireside Birches. I started this one during a presentation in February at the gallery, and I originally wanted this one to be just a simple blue sky background that would contrast nicely with the birch trees. But as I worked on it, I just felt the warm colors of autumn tugging at me and just had to answer the call. I finished this one during a stretch of cold weather so it's only natural to be thinking about warm colors. :) Speaking of warm, the weather is finally turning here in Duluth, MN .. old man winter is packing his bags .. bring on spring!

Please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment