Friday, March 9, 2012

Golden Birch Ridges

Acrylic on 14"w x 11"h canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
 
SOLD

Repetition is an important element to design and composition, and this piece carries a repetition of form, color, texture and technique. It's such a simple concept, yet in this painting I find my eye drawn around the composition in a circular motion. There is a rich depth again which is just happening, something that is emerging as I layer the paint, making it seem as though you are looking through the trees and there is distance between the elements. The golden leaves on the birch trees really bring out this illusion of space and depth ... teasing you to look more carefully to make sure this is not a three dimensional piece. Here I go again writing these deep concepts and ideas when really I just need to enjoy this piece before it finds itself a new home. And I won't repeat myself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment