Monday, March 19, 2012

Through the Birches

Acrylic on 20"w x 16"h canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
$250.00 Please contact Sivertson Gallery, Grand Marais to purchase.

I love looking through trees to view landscapes in the distance. Every artists has a certain way they see things ... and I see many fields of color through the trees, and the negative space between the trees becomes the focal point of the composition. This is another theme that runs through my work ... a lot of artists focus on the subject matter of their work and the background is a distant afterthought. In my work, the background is everything, and more often than not the background is the subject of my work. That's just how I see things. Oh, did you see the birch trees in this painting? I've been describing this work and I just noticed them. :) It isn't what you see ... it's how you see it ... see what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment