Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sun Dance

Acrylic on 40"w x 30"h x 1.5"d canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
Please email me at aaronklossartwork@gmail.com for purchase information.

Another piece from my 'Twilight Maples' series. I've enjoyed exploring this series in the past several months, making subtle changing in color intensity to change the mood of the different pieces. I'd like to make an online portfolio or slide show of the works in this series so they could be viewed in succession, perhaps that's something for the near future. This particular piece features the light source that demands your attention, saying 'look at me! look at me!' I added multiple shades of yellows for the sun, imagining the light dancing around the canvas, keeping it's intensity even as it travels farther from the source. The foreground shadows are crisp, due to the intensity of the light source, and the leaves above are bright. I resisted the urge to brighten the foreground even more, opting to keep the color hue consistent with the leaves, because I didn't want to detract from the sun. I've felt a sense of completion with this piece, like I've shared all that's within me regarding this 'Twilight Maples' series, and I'm ready to explore more landscape subjects. I'm not saying that I won't return to this series in the future as it holds a special place in my heart. But I am feeling that it's time to move on at the same time. What will result I cannot imagine, but perhaps the next painting will give that direction, providing a spark of inspiration, directing me onward. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment