Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bluestone Birch Group

Acrylic on 12"w x 12"h x 1.5"d canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
SOLD
Here's a work I completed recently, a part of a group of paintings on the same size canvas, each taking on a life of their own. I've been spending a lot of time on the rocks in my compositions, working on giving them a depth of color, using many shades of paint to give them the depth and texture I'm desiring them to have. This painting has a nice subtle light hitting the right foreground, reflecting off the rocks and the birch trees. I have one more 12x12 to post tomorrow, then I need to finish off my maple sunrise 30x40" canvas currently on my easel.

I'd be getting more accomplished but I've been fighting off the flu the last few days. No fun, but surrounding myself in colorful paintings helps brighten my spirits. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment