Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mossy Maple Ridge

Acrylic on 12"w x 12"h x 1.5"d canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
SOLD
One more little 12x12" canvas featuring fall Maples and Evergreens. The deep greens of the Evergreens influenced the background with the multiple shades of green fading off into the distance. I'm happy that the use of green puts special emphasis on the foreground highlights and shadows. I feel so drawn to the way light filters through trees and casts shadows on the ground that I feel that I may explore this even more, delving deeper and deeper into the forest, looking for the early sunrise and late twilight sunsets. I'm already thinking several canvases ahead, when this happens, you need to make a special effort to paint and create, to capture what's in your head and heart. Up next this week is a 36"w x 24" Maple sunrise forest, then some Lester Park Pines ... I'm thinking vertical, but we'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment