Thursday, January 12, 2012

Serene Symmetry

Acrylic on 15"w x 12"h x 1.5"d canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
SOLD



As I've been driving around lately I've been enjoying the Birch forests around my house and noticing small underbrush still holding onto their fall colored leaves. There are also many winterberry trees (I call them winterberry trees, but I'm sure they have other names too). I love the complimentary deep cranberry reds and deep greens of the evergreens in the distance. The birch trees and rocks scattered about this colorful backdrop are just too irresistible to paint! I'd love to explore this birch/red/green theme some more ... so many ideas ... so little time! I guess I'd rather have the problem of having too many inspirations versus staring at a blank canvas with no vision. :) I titled this painting 'Serene Symmetry' after a friend observed that my work felt 'serene' to them. The symmetry comes from the composition. Compositions are more interesting when they aren't symmetrical, but sometimes I beg to differ and intentionally center a composition horizontally or vertically. Symmetry can be serene if you know what I mean.
God bless, -A

No comments:

Post a Comment