Thursday, January 5, 2012

Festive Fall Forest


Acrylic on 40"w x 30"h x 1.5"d canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
Please email me at aaronklossartwork@gmail.com for purchase information.

On a cold weekend, I was feeling the need to paint a warm painting. So the beautiful golds and reds of distant maple tree covered ridges found themselves a home in the background of this painting that I've titled 'Festive Fall Forest'. This painting really nailed an 'optical illusion' I've been trying to accomplish with recent works. The foreground with it's sunset rays and rocks really pop off the canvas and the birches behind them contrast nicely with the background that incorporates complementary colors. The depth all these layers brings really gives me a lift and I'm already thinking of ways to carry the energy from this work onto subsequent works.

This painting just makes me feel warm ... like snuggling up to a nice warm fire with a hot cup of coffee on a cold winter's day. This one will be hard to part with ... I think I'll hang it in my living room and enjoy it a while before I bring it to the gallery. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment