Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Mossy Forest Triptych

Mossy Forest Triptych, Aaron Kloss, Sivertson Gallery, Pointillism
"Mossy Forest Triptych" 12"w x 4"h
Here is a painting completed in July titled Mossy Forest Triptych which is 12"w x 4"h and acrylic on canvas. I had fun with different greens in this piece, working the greens into both the foreground and background, all around the birches which almost seem like an afterthought. But the birches are enjoying the greens, and so am I lately. The greens in my work remind me of summer hikes into the forest where the pines grow tall and shade everything, causing moss to grow on the trunks of the trees, the rocks and the forest floor. It makes the landscape feel old, almost as if it has a story to tell. When I paint a small painting like this I can't help but think about a similar piece, yet on a grander scale. Perhaps in the future, but for now, this little piece packs quite a punch of green. Please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment