Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Blue Landscape Triptych

Blue Landscape Triptych, Sivertson Gallery, Aaron Kloss Painting, Pointillism
"Blue Landscape Triptych"  12"w x 4"h
There was recently a blue moon over Duluth, MN where I live, and that moon reminded me of this landscape I had painted a couple weeks previous. This piece, titled Blue Landscape Triptych is 12"w x 4"h, acrylic on canvas, and features the color blue. In the foreground, there's the typical stones and birch trees that are so plentiful in my part of the world .. but then there's that blue sky. I just love the color blue. It's fairly common for me to walk into a gallery to deliver new work only to realize the new work is all predominately blue and my work already there is ... blue. So I actually have to put the tubes of ultramarine, cobalt, cerulean, cyan, and windsor blues away to work in warmer tones for a while. But it isn't long before I once again return to the color that soothes my eyes and calms my soul. Ahhh blue. I'm drawn to you like a moth to a ... blue sky. Please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment