Thursday, November 6, 2014

Evergreen Cardinal Symmetry

"Evergreen Cardinal Symmetry" 24"w x 12"h
Here is a fun cardinal painting titled Evergreen Cardinal Symmetry whose title came to me as I was working on it and noticed there was a natural symmetry to the piece. Symmetry is a no no for artists, as symmetry is boring, or at least that's what I was taught in art school. But I didn't care much for the rules in art school, which didn't always bode well for my GPA, but in the end you have to be true to yourself, and I love symmetry ... and apparently, so do cardinals. These little fellas have no doubt arranged themselves in two groups of three to the left and right of center, with the two cardinals in the middle perhaps giving instructions to their friends as they are probably going to play a friendly game of baseball, but only one team can be the Cardinals ...
Please contact Siiviis Gallery in Duluth, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment