Sunday, November 9, 2014

Autumn In New Hampshire

"Autumn In New Hampshire" 8"w x 24"h NFS
For the first time in forever (OK, my kids might be influencing me a bit with their silly soundtrack songs they like to sing) I painted a scene based on what I thought something might look like. Recently, on our vacation, as we made our way north from Virginia to New Hampshire, the leaves went from lush green to full autumn color along the route. Before we left I finished this piece for some folks we visited, and I looked at reference photos and realized the land in New Hampshire was very similar to what I see around my home here in Duluth, MN. Lots of water, hills, rocks, trees ... I felt right at home there as opposed to our time spent in New York City rush hour traffic. I may not be much of a city boy, but the experience was worth the time spent with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment