Sunday, March 9, 2014

Four In Feathers

 
Featured on this fine day is a fun piece titled Four in Feathers. This piece, which measures a whopping twelve inches wide by four inches high, is part of a new series of small chickadee paintings that I'll be posting here in the coming days. This series is very uniform in color, composition, and brushwork. Working in series gives you a great exercise in consistency as an artist, something I'm constantly working on. The series is also much brighter than recent works which focused on the darkness of the winter season. Perhaps it's the spring like weather we're getting a taste of this week that has prompted the brighter color. I'm not sure, but I did enjoy this series, and I hope you will too.
Please contact Lizzards Gallery in Duluth, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment