Thursday, January 31, 2013

Moon Sparkle

"Moon Sparkle" 6"wx6"h
When winter was on the doorstep I was going through a 'painter's block' and couldn't figure out what to paint. I went for a few weeks just struggling to find some spark, some creative drive and felt like a listless sailboat on Lake Superior with no wind to get me going in a direction. I spoke with one of the owners of a gallery that represents my work and they gave me some ideas. Not what to paint specifically, but more general direction and some of the words were like 'snowscapes', 'moonlight' and 'night magic'. I took these to thoughtful consideration and a wide range of compositions have resulted, today's post titled Moon Sparkle just one of many. From a listless boat to a passionate painter ... can't wait to get back to the easel and get to work. I wish I always had this creative spark, this passionate flame to sustain me ... but life isn't about riding the winds on a warm sunny day, it's about enjoying the journey through the calm times, the waves, the sun and the night. Peace. -A
 
Please contact Lizzards Gallery for more information about today's painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment